Why you Need Regular Tire Rotation
Now the good news: with regular tire rotations, you can equalize the wear, make your tires last longer and perform better. If you’re handy, it can be a DIY job, but we recommend that you leave your tire rotations to the experts in our Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centre. Rotating means changing the position of your tires on the vehicle – front to back and side to side. Regular tire rotations deliver 4 primary benefits:
1. Balanced tread wear,
2. Prolonged tire life
3. Improved handling and consistent traction, especially important when road surfaces are wet or slick.
Most tire manufacturers require regular rotation to maintain warranties, and when you bring your vehicle to our Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centre, tire rotation is a regular part of every service. It is recommended that tires be rotated every 8,000 kilometres which coincide precisely with the requirement for regular oil changes – which we also perform at Lacombe Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centre. When tires are rotated, they’re also inspected for any damage or unusual wear. Tire pressure is checked, overall tread depth is measured, and any stones or debris are removed.
Here are a few tire facts that you might find interesting:
1) Tires on a front axle perform different tasks than those on a rear axle.
2) Tires on a front-wheel-drive (FWD) vehicle respond differently than those on a rear-wheel-drive (RWD) vehicle.
3) Standard all-season tires typically last longer than high-performance tires.
4) Tires that wear together must also be replaced together.
5) All tires have a best before date.
6) Many tires are unidirectional with arrows on the sidewall which means they must be installed with their tread in the correct direction
Temporary spares are not included in your tire rotation program but if you have a full-sized spare that matches size, brand and type of the other tires on your vehicle, it should also be rotated so that it matches the other four wheels on the ground. Five-tire rotation is vital for a full-sized spare as a new tire added to three partially worn tires can cause issues with handling PLUS severe driveline damage, especially with four-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive vehicles. Remember that all tires expire, so consider that if your spare tire is now several years old.
Proper tire rotation equalizes tread wear, making for longer and improved tire life. Speak with our Parts Department Team or Lacombe Quick Lane Crew if you’d like to know more! And see us for the best deals on Tires period. You’ve got our Price Match Promise!